Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun evening ringing in the new year. Mine was boring (well, not boring, I just didn't actually do much, which is actually kind of fantastic), but let's not discuss that.

It was a lovely four day weekend, filled with a plethora of nothing that totally filled me with joy. I watched an almost unhealthy amount of Buffy, and saw two movies!

My reviews as follows:

Have You Heard About the Morgans?
I was excited about seeing this, it looked funny, and I have a weak spot for Hugh Grant's humor. Here is the sad part...all the really funny parts were in the previews, I'm not even kidding. Every. Single. One. Also, they underused Hugh Grant, which is unbelievable. His mumbling and awesomely British one liners were kept to a minimum, and I was upset. Don't go see it, if you are bored, you can rent it later, or just watch the preview on youtube, since those were actually the only funny parts.

Up in the Air I enjoyed this movie, it was pretty good. I recommend going to see it. Thought its definitly not a straight up comedy or drama or anything like that, it has its hilarious moments, and sobering ones. George Clooney was great (as always), and Anna Kendrick was surprisingly good (it was refreshing to see a Twilight alum be less twitchy and more, well, awesome). The only complaint (if you can call it that, it's more like an observation) I had was that the pacing was a little bizarre. In my opinion, it didn't flow right, but maybe I'm just a big dumbie and missed something. Oh well.

Here is to hoping that 2010 brings us a sh#t load of awesome!

aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment