Monday, January 18, 2010

I Like A Drink As Much As The Next Man, Unless...

That man is Mel Gibson!

And the Zinger award of the night goes to Ricky Gervais everyone!!

That was hilarious.

I'm going to have a "Wrap Up" of the best and worst dressed tomorrow for you guys, I have to rewatch the red carpet coverage and compile my list tonight. So, today I'll just talk about the actual awards a little bit.

Best Animated Feature went to Up. I was excited about that, because that movie was just so gosh darn cute! It really deserved it.

Not surprisingly, Best Actress in a Comedy went to Meryl Streep. At least she still has her humility. I mean, I love the woman, but COME ON!

Drew Barrymore took home Best Actress in a Mini-series. Did you guys see the sparkly chia pet on her shoulder??...more on that frightening development tomorrow.



Best Television Drama went to Mad Men...again. I was really holding out for True Blood. damn.

Best Director went to James Cameron. I had a strange reaction to this. Part of me wasn't sure if he deserved it, but the other part of me was like, dood, the Cameron should take this home because, well, did you see Avatar?!

Best Television Musical or Comeday. GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaked.

Best Movie, Comedy. This was surprising, it went to The Hangover. I was kind of rooting for (500) Days of Summer, but I mean, the winner was just so funny, and I'm not gonna lie about wanting to see Bradley Cooper on stage in a tux. mmm, that man is simply delicious.




Best Actor in a Comedy...Robert Downey Jr.! yay! I believe the exact quote when he won that came out of my mouth was this: "I'm so proud of him that he stopped doing so many drugs so he could give us such fun movies!" I never claimed to be articulate, and I was just so happy. Plus, he did look rather ravishing in that outfit, did he not??




Let's skip ahead to Best Picture, Drama. DRUM ROLL PLZ!! Dun dun dun dun DUN! Avatar ...I shrieked. Pretty cool that a sci-fi film got to win for best picture. Oh Mr. Cameron, only you can take it to the house.

I know I skipped some categories, but I think I covered the pretty good ones. Other highlights were Harrison Ford taking the stage and seeming grumpy as usual (he just hadn't punched a Nazi yet that day, cheer up Harry). Chace Crawford and Taylor Lautner also presented some things so we could see their pretty pretty pretties. Oh! And Colin Farrell said "balls", as is his custom in formal situations.

Be sure to read in tomorrow for the full post of Best/Worst Dressed, you know there will be witty humor, and you know you don't want to miss it!

aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment