Friday, October 8, 2010

Well, I've been trying for a week to come up with a new short story to post, and it seems the wells have dried up for now. Sorry to those who actually read/enjoy our weird little postings. This week has been swallowed by Indy duty, tv shows and actual work.

Not to mention, we have been thinking about retooling one of our stories so the past two days have been spent writing new beginnings...eight to be exact about it. And, after all that, I still can't decide on the perfect way to start the story. I've been trying to be technical about it, but I just want to fall in love with something and frustration is setting in.

Let's break it down.

I love who we now begin the story with, but what is he/she doing? (sorry about being so incredibly ambiguous about this lol) What is THE EVENT that starts it all (and no, I'm not talking about the stupid NBC show)? I guess my problem is I want it to be perfect. I want the hook that makes you go "I gotta read this in the next six hours or I'll die". We are closer to that than ever before, and I know it will come to me as I'm in the shower one day (all the best ideas arrive there, I don't know why...it's a strange phenomenon). But until then, I'm just going to stare at the wall and make myself think.

I can't even come up with a clever way of finishing this post. I need to visit the creative juicer machine in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment