Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Awards Season Has Arrived!

This morning brought about the announcements of the nominations for the Golden Globes, and I am here to give you the wrap up! I'm pretty happy with what/who was nominated this year, although I'll tell you about the depressing omissions as well.


I'm only doing the big, heavy-hitter categories, otherwise this blog would be as long as the award show itself.


Best Motion Picture, Drama
Avatar
The Hurt Locker
Inglorious Basterds
Precious
Up in the Air

I have yet to see Avatar and Up in the Air, but considering I didn't want to ever see Inglorious Basterds, and Precious sounds incredibly depressing and The Hurt Locker, well that looked sad too, I'm probably going to vote for the previously mentioned two I have yet to see.

Now I'm really stuck on the whole Inglorious Basterds thing, was it that good? I can't imagine it was, and I'm still not seeing it. ::shiver::

Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
500 Days of Summer
The Hangover
It's Complicated
Julie and Julia
Nine

I have or intend to see all of these films except for Nine, because that doesn't interest me. I don't see how The Hangover could win (even though it was truly hilarious) against the awesomeness that was 500 Days of Summer.

Best Director
Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
James Cameron, Avatar
Clint Eastwood, Invictus
Jason Reitman, Up in the Air
Quentin Tarantino, Inglorious Basterds

If Tarantino wins this, I'll flip my sh#t, I hate that guy.

Best Television Series, Drama
Big Love
Dexter
House
Mad Men
True Blood

Love me some True Blood, but I'm not sure it deserves the win here (not that I really watch any of the other shows nominated). So, here is what I'm confused about: House. Why is this still being nominated? I mean, seriously, every episode is the same, right? I don't watch it on a regular basis, and I'm not saying it's not good, but aren't there other really good television shows out there that deserve a nomination??? Of course there are, people are just lazy.

I mean, come on! Lost was pretty good last season...

Best Television Series, Comedy or Musical
30 Rock
Entourage
Glee
Modern Family
The Office

Oh my GOD! Glee (!!) is nominated!!!! Best.Day.Ever.

Honorable Mentions:
* Neil Patrick Harris for How I Met Your Mother
* Jane Lynch for Glee
* Lea Michele for Glee
* Matthew Morrison for Glee
* Anna Paquin for True Blood
* Up for Best Animated Feature Film

aha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment