Thursday, December 24, 2009

Silence is Golden.

It's days like today when I wonder why the hell I'm at work. I've been here for two and a half hours, the phone has wrung about three times, and I haven't needed to answer it once. No one has asked me to do sh#t, and I am entertaining myself with...stuff.

It is so quiet here, I can actually here my thoughts before I think them, and it's creeping me out. Half of the office is out today, the parking lot is basically empty, and you just know it's going to start ice-storming the second I get to leave. This is so ridiculous.

I'm sorry I'm complaining, I know I should be all happy because it's Christmas Eve. Well, ok, I AM happy, I just have found things to complain about as well. Let's do some pros and cons.

Pros:
-I get to leave early from work
-It's quiet so I can do whatever crap I want
-A three day weekend approaches

Cons:
-Possible ice-storm
-I'm bored
-It's freakin Christmas, can't I leave now?

Is the mail even coming today? I hope it does, because that will give me something to do.

Then again, I don't really want anything to do. Silence is my muse. I get to the point where I'm so incredibly bored that my brain dies a little, so that from the ashes arises a new idea or something to do about an old idea. I've had a little bit of that today, but I'm tired and don't feel like getting my creative juices flowing. They are stagnant and happy about it. Sometimes you just want to stare, you know?

::looks around the office::

The only problem is there is nothing to stare at. I live in this stupid little cubicle, looking at my stupid phone, paper clips and post-it notes all day. Eventually, this WILL drive me crazy. I'll give it three years. I think that's my threshold.

I wonder what that says about me? Does that mean I'd do awesome in solitary confinement? Would I be one of those people who emmerges from wrongfully convicted prison time with an abundance of knowledge and a plan to take over the world? or...OR would I go completely nuts and talk in riddles the rest of my life? Wait a second, I already talk in riddles, damn it.

The point is, I'm talking about silence here. What do you do in your silence? Do you think really loud? Or do you think quietly? Have you ever thought about the volume of your thoughts?? I know that sometimes when I am getting ready in the morning my thoughts get really loud and angry sounding. I don't know why, but it bothers me. Someday I'll figure out what it is about my morning routine that pisses off my thoughts so much, but that's for another discussion.

Do you enjoy your silence? Or are you a person who needs to fill it all the time? I haven't decided which I am, mostly because I like silence, only because I get to fill it all by myself. So, what does that make me? Ok, don't answer that.

When do you need silence most? I find that the times I need it are when I am trying to fall asleep, when I am trying to think of the words/tune to a song, and when I am trying to solve the world's problems (lol j/k about that last one, tricks are for kids).

You look confused. Oh, yeah, you think I should have included I need silence when writing. Actually, that's false. I enjoy listening to music, bashing my head into my desk, and definitly the sound of my own fingers hitting the keyboard. It's like a symphony, really.

The phone just rang. Fourth time all morning, and no, I didn't need to answer it. I just stared. :sigh:

I think that I might stray away from the silence topic for just a moment to address a serious issue. Yes, that's right, we need to talk about this Robin Hood trailer. You know? The one with Russell Crowe, directed by Ridley Scott. Oh wait, you thought that was for Gladiator 2? Sorry, but no such luck. It may look like the sequel, act like the sequel and probably smell like the sequel, but it's "an entirely different story". ::shakes head:: It looks like crap. I can't get over it, it just upsets me. Robin Hood IS NOT Russell Crowe (and believe me, I'm a fan of his). Robin Hood IS NOT dark and depressing. And most of all, it IS NOT Gladiator f*ckin' 2!!!

SO, without further ado, this Flat Tire letter goes out to Mr. Crowe and Mr. Scott:

When you conceived this idea, what were you thinking? Are you that dense? I know you guys are smart, but come on!! The reason people like Robin Hood is because he is charming, sneaky, hansome, cheeky, smart and giving. So, you took those ideas and came up with this crap?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43379

I have no words, you have literally taken them away from me.

So, now we are back to silence. Nice, huh?

aha!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment