Thursday, October 15, 2009

Some Assembly Required

Before I start in on the meat of this post (for those of you immediately expecting pictures of you-know-you, that isn't my intention, but I might appease you anyway), I have some news to get y'all caught up on.

1) Swine flu is back DUN! and apparently it's going to kill us all, so there's always that.

2) Garth Brooks might be going back on tour or something, at the minimum he is busting out of retirement, so hopefully something awesome will come of that.

3) It looks like there might be a "Friday the 13th: Part II" in the works starring the one and only Jared Padalecki...yum. (hopefully they keep the motorcycle in storage for this one)

4) It's still miserably cold outside, and it's never going to get better.

5) '30 Rock' is premiering tonight, if anyone cares about that.

OK! Moving ON!

We're gonna talk about things that fall apart which are a pain in the ass to put back together. Ready? (feel free to add in your own suggestions)

First, there are cell phones. They drop once and then you are constantly putting them back together, it's super annoying, and I'm pretty sure when you buy one, duct tape should be included. Let's be serious here, I'm clumsy and my phone is constantly teetering on the edge of disaster.

Second, my sanity. I'm losing it, I swear to GOD. Well, honestly, I think I lost it a while ago. I can't give the exact date or place I left it, but it's gone. It is broken, and terribly difficult to put back together. Sometimes I see things (no joke), and I tell myself its just the beginning stages of cataracts or something. So, that's nice.

Third, remote controls. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask any one of my friends and they will tell you that when I am around, remote controls simply fall apart. I can touch one and it goes to pieces. I'm starting to believe its a super power, but what a lame super power that would be. What would they call me? Remote Deconstructor...ugh. The pain-in-the-ass part is that when one falls apart, you have to find all the components. AND when two batteries roll under a sofa, I start throw to a fit.

Fourth, those shoes that are so comfortable you never want to throw them away. Yeah, it happens to everyone. There is that pair of shoes that you just got worn in the way you like them, and all of a sudden, there is a hole or a rip or SOMETHING to mess up your situation. So. Annoying. In this case, you could also use duct tape, but I wouldn't suggest it because it isn't very fashionable, AND this gives you the opportunity to go shoe shopping.

Fifth, Barbie Dolls. Don't laugh, you know it's true. ESPECIALLY the Ken legs. JESUS CHRIST!! Those stupid legs were so hard to get back into the hip socket, and I could never do it! I would get so frustrated that I would stuff the leg into the pants and practically glue the pants onto him (thus keeping his shirt options very limited) to keep the friggin' leg on. However, the outcome was really distracting, because you could tell that the leg wasn't connected properly...GIVING YOU a handicapped Ken doll. :sigh: The worst part about the whole situation was the pair of pants he was stuck with. I kid you not, they were shiny silver things that had suspenders to keep them on. What was wrong with the 80's? I mean, seriously? When was dressing up Ken dolls like that ok?

...Speaking of things that are broken

...these are two things you wouldn't mind fixin, right?

aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment