Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"A Thousand Times, Yes..."

That quote is taken from "Pride and Prejudice"...you know, the awesome one with Kiera Knightley that I have to watch whenever it's on, and when it's not on, I have to DVR it so that I can watch it when I want to watch it.

I wouldn't call it an obsession, I just really really really like it.


There are a few lines that I really like, and the title of this blog is one of them (its one of my favorite scenes). But, that's not really the point.

Oh crap, do I even have a point?

I dont know, but this line really got me thinking a few minutes ago. I'll break it down for you, and then we'll see if I have a point.

We say 'yes' thousands of times in our lives, and sometimes it is to things that we don't really want to say 'yes' to. I bet you even say 'yes' a thousand times for that exact reason, to avoid something unpleasant or agree to it to make someone else happy. That kind of sucks, doesn't it.

This line can also be viewed in its original environment, a truthful and heartfelt response to a proposal of marriage. I'm going to admit, that's my favorite. But, do you really need to say it a thousand times? Yes is yes, no is no ...and you can't change the meanings of those words. Now that I'm thinking about it so hard, maybe the bitch was lying.

Now, imagine saying this word with contempt and annoyance. Like this: a THOUSAND times...YES! This is when you say it to convince someone of your truthfullness. You are so annoyed that you make up an obscene number to illustrate your point. This is the point of no return, when what you have agreed to no longer interests you, and you now loathe its existence. If there is one thing I hate, it happens to be nagging.

So, here is my proposal. If I feel even the slightest big of nagging coming on about something I'm looking forward to, I'm going to skip the first twenty-three 'yes' responses, and jump right to 'a THOUSAND times...YES!'

I know that might put a few people off, but you cant please everyone. I still don't know if I had a point there, but that's ok.

On a completely seperate note...what do you guys think of copyrighting? Is it worth it, or is it stupid?

Also? Would anyone be interested in reading completely fictional posts of a novel flavor? Or do your tastes lie in what has already been discussed these past few weeks?

aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment