Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Very (Un)Happy Banana Cake Day

Don't worry, today is not a Banana Cake Day, or it isn't yet at least...

I'm here to throw down some knowledge. Yeah, that.

BANANA CAKE DAY (bah-nah-nuh kay-ck dey)- noun. A day otherwise known as a sh#t show, when bad ultimately becomes worse, and usually there is a cherry on top... which just so happens to make you want to cry.

Here is something you should know about me, I hate bananas. I hate everything about them. I hate the smell, the taste, the texture, and whatever else you can think of. Anything that has bananas in it will not make its way down my throat EVER. I happen to have a gag reflex, and it is fully functional when I detect the slightest hint of banana.

So, when something as delicious as cake is tainted with banana, everything that was once good in this world loses its innocence. Let me tell you the story of the first ever Banana Cake Day. It's a short one.

I was having a bad day, but then there was cake. I didn't know what was inside, but I took a big bite. Unfortunatly, the filling was bananas, and hence made my day worse. Therefore, this day was the first Banana Cake Day of my life. Just one of those days when nothing good happens and then something happens that pushes you over the edge into despair.

We all have those days, right? It's just that not everyone happens to call them Banana Cake Days. I say we should start.

Why?

Because sometimes life sucks enough to put something treacherous into an otherwise wonderful baked good that makes you want to vom all over your new outfit from The Limited that was totally on sale and super cute...but now only reminds you of the day you ate a piece of cake filled with chunks of super gross fruit that has the consistency of pure and utter ICK.

Here is to wishing that your happy days outnumber your Banana Cake Days!

aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment